A FIGHT AGAINST… (UNA LUCHA CONTRA…) by Pablo Manzi
3 F / 3 M
5 one act plays
Spanish text – English translation
Chilean theatre text about violence, empathy and borders consisting of five one-act plays. Intense and thought provoking material:
• Chile 2014: A female university lecturer has been subjected to a violent assault by a student.
• USA 2019: White nationalists terrorize Mexican and South American immigrants.
• Chile / Peru 1998: Two border guards are on the lookout for illegal immigrants.
• Mexico 1880: An executioner and his mother learn that public hangings will be abolished.
• Peru 2017: Outside a Peruvian nightclub, the – now drunk – female university lecturer from the first part attacks a security guard.